Saturday, June 16, 2012


Oh, sun drenched French girls wont relate to
A frozen girl from the northern state

Here we are in June, and I'm seeing positive results. I'm gaining natural curves in some places and hardening up in others. I'm taking real care to not inch towards a bodybuilder's body, but a naturally fit one that's a result of a healthy lifestyle. I have muscles that bulge and flex some when I just simply move around. From my shoulder to my elbow, for example, there is a definite hourglass shape going on. My chest is flattening and widening out, too. I think I'm ready to start adding in another workout to my routine. At this point I restarted the '150 dips' regimen but on the harder level and now I'm already doing over 160 triceps dips. By next week Friday I'll be doing around 220 - it goes up by 20 or more each day. I'm loving it(tm). 

All isn't well though. The hardest part of a lifestyle change is mental change, learning to deprogram your destructive behavior and I will come clean: I have had soda and French fries a time or two. I'm still working out the kinks and I am steadily getting there. It is a learning process, mistakes will be made, nothing is perfected on the first try. Still, there is progress! I am finding I am hungry less and I eat smaller portions. My shirts are tighter up top and my pants keep getting looser. 

One of the keys to the whole thing is finding motivation wherever you can. When I'm shown some of my wife's old co-workers who went from round football shapes to looking years younger and half the size, it really helps. A sort of 'this is what you're working towards' kind of thing. You have to kick your own ass into shape, damn it. If you're sick and tired of being sick and tired then you have no choice but to suck it up and do it. It's going to be hard and it is going to stay hard, but in the end you'll look back and see how far you've come and you'll feel that much better about yourself and the whole thing. I'm doing three times more than I was when I started, and that's awesome. 

Until next time!