Monday, May 7, 2012

New look, same great taste! 

I've kept the same idea, but I've re-written the whole thing thanks to my discovery of fitocracy.com and runkeeper.com. They're a great way to keep track of your progress and keep you motivated. Incorporating them into my regimen has boosted productivity beyond what I pictured possible. My workout sticks to the goal of using no equipment, no gym and no money spent. I'm toning my muscles rapidly using nothing more than my coffee table, and ten minutes of time. I use: onefiftydips.com & twohundredsitups.com. 

The other half of my workout consists of walking 3 miles every other day/night, which takes me less than an hour. I set a goal of walking 100 miles before June. The longer I walk and more miles I put behind me, the shorter my walk time gets. At some point I hope to be - running - 3 miles in 18 minutes. Which is what a United States Marine should be able to do in order to be at their absolute best. I've been getting a positive and effective workout spending no money, using no equipment and not going to any gyms. I hope to have pictures up soon, as I have some 'before shots' and I want to get some really good 'after shots'. 

The diet has been improved upon greatly, and I honestly have enough energy to sleep less, then come home and exercise. I've yet to decide if this is good or bad, as in I could be heading for a crash for all I know. However, I stick to a high plant protien shake for breakfast, banana (or other fruit) and plant-based protein bar for Lunch, then I come home and have a balanced vegan meal. The meal consists of a vegetable side, plant-based protien (fake chicken, fake beef, etc.), and brown rice or quinoa pasta, etc. I also make it a point to drink a metric ton of water. Throughout the day and on through the night - water. The miracle of life, weight loss and energy. 

That is pretty much all there is to it. The days I slip, and they are lessening, I fall back on the soda or French fries but then I drink a ton of water to try and flush everything out. Almost within the hour I can feel myself losing energy and motivation whenever I stray from my plan. That is perhaps the best indicator that it is working. When I'm on my plan I have this natural high and endless supply of energy. When I stray, I feel like laying on the ground and dying. I am very happy with the results so far (and way happier I didn't spend money or drag my ass to a gym!) I hope by August I'll be toned to where I should be ready to decide if it will be worth making it a permanent way of life. I can't see myself doing anything else, but... I'm going to carry this out to August and decide then.